If you are unable to see this image, click here.
“This program helped me with any and every question I had
about college and what to expect.”
Darlene | Act 2 Cohort Member
In September, we announced the launch of our Strategic Plan and our commitment to help our students #connectthedots to their Act 2.
Act 2 is Opening Act’s College and Career Readiness program. Opening Act has always helped students develop positive self image, collaborative ability, and creative problem solving skills; with the introduction of Act 2 we are showing students how the principles they’ve embraced through our after school programming can help them find success in higher education and the world of work.
Act 2 is innovating the college access space by utilizing the unique skills and assets of our organization:
– We are helping young people develop the social-emotional skills necessary to navigate a daunting and new process.
– We are using theater and improv to allow students to ‘try out’ roles and scenarios that are otherwise unknown and untested by them.
– And we are supporting students as they form a unique and tight-knit community that is infused with the core values of Opening Act: Respecting, Showing Up, Listening, YES ANDing, Empowering, and Including.
– They will prepare for paid internships, made possible by our partnership with Futures and Options.
– They will mentor high school juniors and prepare next year’s Act 2 cohort to hit the ground running with college applications.
Thank you for your incredible support, without which none of our work is possible.
Want to support our Act 2 students? Say yes here.